[haiku-development] Re: Joysticks in Haiku

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:18:35 +0100

Le 11 mars 2011 à 10:30, Stephan Aßmus a écrit :

> Am 11.03.2011 09:07, schrieb Enrique Medina Gremaldos:
>> There it go! https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/7354
>>
>> I hope someone find it useful
>
> Certainly! Thanks a lot for the patch. I have given you feedback in the
> ticket. There are tons of coding style problems, and one behavior problem in
> the usb_hid patch, which should be easy to fix. I hope you can find the time
> to do so.

You might also want to test QEMU's hid tablet (-usbdevice tablet) which didn't
work last time I tried, unlike the wacom-tablet one.
VirtualBox also can emulate a usb tablet.

OTH none seem to emulate any joystick at all...

> On the input_server side, I would hope that by making the TabletDevice work
> exactly as the MouseDevice with regards to hot-plugging, that the problems
> would be gone. Some time ago I invested a lot of time into testing and
> debugging this for the mouse and keyboard device add-ons.

Btw, I had an issue when writing the VirtualBox mouse input_server add-on.
Because virtualbox only passes absolute coordinates to it, I'm only able to
send B_MOUSE_MOVED messages without the buttons field. Some apps like Tracker
don't really like this and fail to handle selections or drags because it
doesn't see the buttons as being pressed.

I'm wondering if input_server should merge button states or not, in which case
I should use a filter addon instead as the vmware one does.

François.