[haiku-development] Jamming in debugging info?

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:06:52 -0700

Hi,
   As a complete newbie to jam, I seem to be unable to achieve anything
much except "jam -q".

I'm still looking at the usb_midi code, and one of the problems is
a frequent -- but seemingly random -- KDL in the USB callback function.
I'd like to be able to establish exactly which action in the code is
causing it, and that would be easier if I could connect the hex offset
to a line of code (with objdump probably).   However, the default compilation
doesn't put any debugging data in the object, and I can't see how to get it in.

I tried "jam -q -s DEBUG=true" (not really expecting that to be appropriate)
but that fails apparently because it "can't find kernel.so" -- after printing
out reams of stuff I don't otherwise see.  Looks a bit as if it's trying to
stuff debug info into everything...

Help, please.

                        -- Pete --