[haiku-development] Re: Jam Memory Usage

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 10:33:37 -0700

On 8/19/07, Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Is there a way to limit jam's memory usage? I'm unable to perform a
> full haiku build now because its memory requirements are too large.

I seem to recall that it can take two attempts when you have low memory...

I was able to compile with 256mb RAM on BeOS R5 as long as I had
nothing else running... I have since upgraded that machine to 384mb
RAM, so I haven't had any issues lately.

It would be nice if Jam wasn't such a hog though ;)