[haiku-development] Re: Is it time to talk about R1/A3 ?

  • From: PHilip RUshik <prushik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 16:50:32 -0400

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> This list is quite agreeable. But I don't agree that we don't have a
> roadmap for R1. It's pretty clear actually: Implement package management as
> discussed and finish the localization effort. And get the more annoying bugs
> fixed. Localization support is at least progressing, but as long as no one
> gets their hands dirty on package management, we can't push out even the
> first beta.

Has there been a discussion/decision about what package management should
look like? I remember it being mentioned a long time ago, I am surprised
that no one has taken on this task yet. Lets decide what needs to be done
and get the ball rolling. Not just because its keeping Haiku from beta, but
because its a major feature that has remained unimplemented for a long time.

 -PHilip RUshik