[haiku-development] Re: Is it time to talk about R1/A3 ?

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:51:59 -0400

Urias McCullough wrote:
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Ithamar R. Adema
<ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Unless a developer has access to i810/i815 Intel Graphics hardware, and
the motivation to implement support for it, you'll be waiting for a long
time.

I do have at least one machine with an i810/i815 chipset (not sure
which one) that I would be willing to part with, but it's a heavy
brick-of-a-machine and I'd hate to ship it internationally...

It's also not the healthiest machine - it may end up failing.

Perhaps someone in the states is interested in working on support for
this chipset? Gerald?

Hi Urias,

I've thought about doing a video driver for the i810 and i815 chips since I do have computers that have these two chips. The thing that kept me from working on a driver for these chips is that AGP GART code has to be implemented to handle the memory for these chips.

I'll take another look at it, and if I decide to do it, it will certainly not be ready for the R1/A3 release.

-- Gerald