[haiku-development] Re: Introducing myself

  • From: "André Braga" <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 22:32:01 -0300

Hi,

On 9/3/07, ISMA ISWANDY <oray_totog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
[snip]
> Have I
> made a mistake here? Does this could break binary compatibility for
> BeOS/Haiku???? I hope somebody help me to learn more by answering this silly
> questions :-|.
>     So after all thanks to everybody for everything, & speciall thanks to
> Oliver Tappe as the first man who give me information & advice, and so Axel
> Dörfler for welcoming me to the project.

There are seldom silly questions when you do your homework prior to
asking them, and you sure did yours :)

I guess the people best capable of addressing your issues are Oliver
Tappe (zooey) and François Revol (mmu_man). I have a very soft spot
for Obj-C, so I'm glad you're trying to get it running on BeOS.

Actually, if you really want to entertain yourself for the next
several months, why don't you try and port the GNUStep libraries and
runtime to work on Haiku? Concentrate on foundation stuff, and let the
graphical stuff for a later moment. This way I'm sure you'll
familiarise yourself with a lot of the Haiku code, and we could
benefit from being compatible with a lot of GNUStep stuff, not to
mention eventual compatibility with Mac OS X stuff.

Just a small suggestion for a pretty ambitious task :)
A.