[haiku-development] Re: Intermittent booting

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 19:57:06 -0400

Ingo Weinhold wrote:
On 10/02/2013 06:35 PM, Dane Scott - TuneTracker Systems wrote:
I've noticed an odd behavior where my system will sometimes boot all the way up, and other times will only boot to the third icon and never light up the fourth (the one that looks like a chip with socket legs on it). If I reboot, bingo, I go right in most of the time.

I'm using an ASUS F2A55-M with AMD processor, and it occurs on every system I build with that configuration. I've experienced it with Haiku versions going back probably at least six months, maybe longer, and I also experience it in very recent builds.

Is there something I should look at in BIOS or in OS settings, to solve this?

Set the drives to legacy ide mode.

Sean