[haiku-development] Re: Intel D945GCLF2 (Atom) motherboard -SUCCESS

  • From: Jack Small <jaxs@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:29:41 -0700

On Sep 22, 2009, at 12:02 PM, Urias McCullough wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Alan Searchwell
> <bigduppy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I would just start with booting with FailSafe video mode with a
>>> selected resolution that you know you monitor can handle.
>>>
>>> My Atom based machine won't work with the intel video driver either.
>
> Just to be clear, it's not really an "atom-based" issue, it's just
> coincidental that the most often packaged video chip with Atom's tends
> to be the GMA950 (945G) chip. It's also not always an issue with that
> chipset...
>
> As mentioned in #4260, it also happens with a Core 2 Duo system, and I
> know that the GMA950/945G video does indeed work on my Acer Aspire One
> which is using an Atom...

I also see this on my Atom machine which has the GMA950 & 945GC
chipset.  I am not sure about the exact model number of the
motherboard.  After booting in video safe mode and removing the
"intel_extreme" link in /boot/system/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/
graphics/ it does boot normally.

I will have brief access to another machine later this week with a
similar setup.  I'll run the Alpha CD on it and see how it goes!

Once up and running Haiku this box is the most responsive machine I've
ever used!  Incredibly impressive for the price.

More later,
Jack