[haiku-development] Re: Installing Haiku - no installable partitions found

  • From: Paavo Nurminen <paavo.nurminen@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 09:30:47 +0200

Rene Gollent wrote:
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Paavo Nurminen<paavo.nurminen@xxxxxxxx>  wrote:
2. During install, where I can find syslog from?
Normally it's written to /var/log/syslog. It's also stored in memory,
which is how we'll need to get at it if your problem persists. This
can be done by rebooting after your panic, and then holding left shift
at the beginning of the boot process. This will get you into the boot
loader menu, which among other things will contain a menu option that
lets you write the syslog to a fat32-formatted USB stick.

Regards,

Rene

New questions arise. When I am in 'Kernel Debugging Land', how
to mount the USB stick? Copy the syslog to the stick?
Unmount the stick properly?

Is there documentation for 'Kernel Debugging Land' environment?

Regards,

Paavo