[haiku-development] Re: Installer

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:56:50 +0100

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 12:54:02PM +0100, Mattia Tristo wrote:
> I am old, lol , still need a cd or dvd!!! :-)

That is fine. The live/install CD does work already.

> Not to change the installer
> still the same, but instead of a copy of little files, copy files is good
> beos choice, but idea: make an image with dd to insert in the iso

We use packages on the CD and the final install now. These are already
bigger than the small little files we had before, making installer fast,
and they are used in both live and install mode. So the problem is
already solved (I think there are less than 200 files to copy on a
default install now).

--
Adrien.