[haiku-development] Re: Installation Question

  • From: Daniel Hsu <eraserwars@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 00:47:23 -0700

I first put the CD in the laptop, then restarted the laptop. The laptop
then tried to run the CD and install Haiku, but it immediately showed the
bottom half of the black Haiku start screen, like the first image on this
page

http://haiku-os.org/get-haiku/installation-guide

The upper half of the screen showed at the same time immediately kdebug
trace.

So the installer did not run, the debug trace came first. I did have a
partition ready that I created from my C drive prior to trying all of this.

I am not familiar with installing the Haiku boot manager. That is probably
the issue. Should I use GRUB, or should I use the Haiku boot manager and
where can I get it?

Thanks for the help,
Daniel