[haiku-development] Re: Installation Question

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 08:37:52 +0100

On 26/06/12 07:13, Daniel Hsu wrote:
Ok I've managed to get my Vista working again, and now I'm a little
worried about installing Haiku disk again.

The choice of image shouldn't really matter, some systems have problems booting some of the images.

I'm a bit confused about where your problems started - did the CD successfully boot and allow you to run the installer, or did you get the debug trace on first CD boot? If it's the later Windows should definitely not have been affected.

If your problems happened after running the Haiku installer then what partition layout do you have (did you have an empty partition ready for Haiku before you started?) and did you install the Haiku boot manager?

Simon

ps: haiku-development is not the right list for this, please move to haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or the forums on haiku-os.org.