[haiku-development] Re: Installation Question

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 12:50:55 +0200

On 06/23/2012 08:52 AM, X512 wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 23:40:24 -0700, Daniel Hsu <eraserwars@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
they both hang in the terminal after something called the "delta" is
finished downloading its 39909/39909 files. It doesn't continue,
freezes my computer at random short intervals of time, and the

How much memory does your system have?
It sounds like it is struggling with the VM.

This is OK. You should wait for a long time. First git download data, next it extract data. git don't show extracting progress.

It might be okay, but I had something like this recently (it just hang), and the only way to make it continue was to press the "enter" key for each line -- I think this was with Linux Mint 12, though, coincidentally also on a Core 2 Duo laptop.

If the machine has 2 GB of memory, and is not running a heavy web browser session or something like that, it should definitely be a smoother experience, at least.

In any case, Linux (Linux Mint 12 on the desktop, and now Fedora 17 on the laptop, both with "only" 2 GB) manages to lock up quite frequently, and forces me to either kill X, or to log in remotely, and kill some X process which makes it work again magically. I never experienced this with Ubuntu 11.10, at least.

Bye,
   Axel.