[haiku-development] Re: Input filter to block CapsLocks

  • From: Matt <laceysnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 14:37:49 +1000

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 10:26 PM, Philippe Saint-Pierre <stpere@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>  > Can I set a priority on a filter so that it gets run first?  If so, maybe I
>  > could move the setLeds stuff to a input filter of its own.. the keyboard
>  > device would send a regular message for those keys, and it would get
>  > interpreted first by the leds filter, then by the other filters...
>
>  Actually I think all you have to do is handle a B_MODIFIERS_CHANGED
>  message in your filter instead of a B_KEY_DOWN (which is what I assume
>  you are trying to do.) If the modifier being changed is the CapsLock
>  and the left shift isn't down, just eat the message.
>
>  Ryan

nom nom nom, tasty message.

Personally I always map the Caps Lock key to be another CTRL in
Ubuntu, and since this is the natural position for the ctrl key I
think it would be good to have this as an additional option in Haiku -
not sure what you guys think, but if you try it out you'll quickly
find it's a really good location for it!