[haiku-development] Input filter to block CapsLocks

  • From: "Philippe Saint-Pierre" <stpere@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 22:03:50 -0400

Good evening,

Here is what I'm trying to do : a simple input server filter that blocks
caps locks if left shift key isn't held down.  So, I have my filter built
and installed in my image, I have confirmation it runs, but I run into a
problem.  The input server device (keyboard) is considering the caps lock as
a modifier key and managing it before sending the message.  In fact, I never
get a message with caps lock keycode into my filter..

Question : would there be a way to get that message one way or another from
within a filter?  Or would I have to modify the keyboard device code in
input server?