[haiku-development] Re: Information security based small task

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 19:23:29 +0100

Rohit Yadav <rohityadav89@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm a undergraduate student of computer engineering, and I am given a
> small
> task by my professor to fix a bug or implement a feature in the
> (information) security domain, in any open source project.
> So, I tried to search through Haiku and the bug tracker, but was not
> able to
> find something suitable.
> Can anyone please guide me for such a task that I may be able to
> implement.
> I know c, c++ and python.

Two things come to mind: first of all bug #6750 (see
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/6750)
- while the ticket already contains a solution, you could rework it as
suggested, and check the other file systems as well. The BFS file system
source can be find below src/add-ons/kernel/file_systems/bfs/.

The other thing would be a bug that's probably not yet tracked: when
you're in a Terminal, create a test file, and then use "chmod
<myusername> <testfile>", and afterwards a "ls -l" you'll see that
strange numbers appear instead of the actual name. That is a bug that's
worth looking into it :-)

HTH,

Bye,
   Axel.