[haiku-development] Re: Increase syslog_buffer_size

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:40:43 +0100

Hi Axel,

Axel Dörfler wrote:
It's verbose, yes, and it could be abbreviated. But frankly, I don't see the difference in asking for a syslog, and asking for the output of "listdev" (besides that the latter currently leaves out interesting infos, like IRQ mappings).
I guess I typed that reply slightly to fast. What I meant was to get the same amount of information, you'd have to ask the user to run a number of commands, not just listdev, as the syslog contains lots more then just the device list.

Besides that, as Ingo also mentioned, you need to successfully boot before you can execute listdev too....

HTH,

Ithamar.

begin:vcard
fn:Ithamar Adema
n:Adema;Ithamar
org:Team Embedded V.O.F.
adr:;;Presidentstraat 7;Almere;Flevoland;1312 AN;The Netherlands
email;internet:ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Partner
tel;work:+31 (0)6 11562202
tel;fax:+31 (0)36 7115448
tel;cell:+31 (0)6 11562202
note;quoted-printable:Skype: ir.adema=0D=0A=

x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.team-embedded.com
version:2.1
end:vcard