[haiku-development] Re: Increase syslog_buffer_size

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 22:49:46 +0100

Hi Axel,

Axel Dörfler wrote:
I would argue that we currently have too much debug output, anyway, and that this should be reduced to something more appropriate for the final release builds. IOW the PCI table at the beginning, or the (disk) device manager output could largely be removed completely
Although I agree with having too much debug information, I have to say the PCI listing on bootup has proven invaluable on many, many occasions. Getting a syslog from a user in itself can be tricky, but getting them to tell you what hardware they have in their machine is even more painful. Even with lsdev and such available, the syslog (all IMHO ofcourse) is the first thing you get/ask for, and the PCI listing in there helps when trying to see what is going wrong for someone.....

HTH,

Ithamar.