[haiku-development] Re: Incorrect iconv.h header?

  • From: Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 14:13:03 -0700

> > I suppose we should either remove iconv.h altogether or replace it by the
> > one > I think we should remove it from public headers, and move it to
> > private > headers if we need it during build time.
iconv.h should come from libiconv.

If iconv.h is included then so should libiconv.so because when you compile a
program it will find iconv.h ( header file ) and expects to find libiconv.so (
library ) else it will give an error & stop.

Either remove iconv.h ( if not needed ), move it to private ( if needed by
Haiku ), or include iconv.h + libiconv.so from libiconv

http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/

from libiconv link above:
"This library can be built and installed in two variants:

The library mode. This works on all systems, and uses a library libiconv.so and
a header file <iconv.h>. (Both are installed through "make install".)
To use it, simply #include <iconv.h> and use the functions."