[haiku-development] Re: Including the decorators in the default build

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 21:07:35 +0200

Am 13/07/2015 um 17:15 schrieb John Scipione:

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 7:41 AM, Adrien Destugues
<pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
13 juillet 2015 16:26 "gus knight" <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx> a
écrit:
Over the past couple of months, various people have put a lot of
effort into cleaning up & stabilizing the non-default Decorators
(BeDecorator, WinDecorator, etc.)

Is there any reason we still can't include these in the default
build? There have been a couple people asking for them, and have
been somewhat frustrated that they have to build them
themselves.
The main issue is, besides BeDecorator, they don't have Stack&Tile
support. Since we have an API for that and it is part of the Haiku
UI features, all decorators should support it.

I think it would be okay, if documented, if not all decorators support it -- S&T is a rarely used feature ATM (personally, I don't even use it at all, as I haven't found out how to use it productively :-)).

[...]
The decorators seem like something that should be moved into
packages, that way people that want them can install them from Haiku
Depot.

Definitely +1. They should not be part of the image.

Bye,
Axel.