[haiku-development] Re: Implementing the B_OUTLINE_RESIZE flag for BWindow

  • From: "X512" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "danger_mail" for DMARC)
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 06:02:43 +0900

On 2020/06/26 3:49, Jacob Secunda wrote:

I am currently working on the app_server in the hopes of implementing the B_OUTLINE_RESIZE flag for the BWindow class. As a refresher, the B_OUTLINE_RESIZE flag is used to allow an application to hide its window contents while being resized to avoid continuous redrawing and tearing (like in Haiku's Magnify application for example).
I don't think that this functionality is needed. Even if implementing this functionality it is better to have global setting editable from Appearence preference instead of per window flag. I do not want to have windows that do not update while being moved/resized.