[haiku-development] Re: Image icons for images in Tracker

  • From: Joseph Groover <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 03:17:30 -0600

On 3/2/2012 02:49, Gabriel Harrison wrote:
So I am starting to look through the code for Tracker and I see some entry points using Pose, PoseView, Model and others that would allow me to make Tracker display mini renders of images for the icons of images rather than a uniform icon that doesn't help much. Even if there is no interest in seeing this in the trunk or mainline, my question is:

After I build Tracker, how can I test it locally since I am building from within Haiku?

It seems like, in theory, that I should be able to kill the tracker process, swap out the binaries and restart it. Is it that simple? Does anybody have any better recommendations? Is it even possible to kill tracker and continue operating? Advice here would be helpful.

Thanks,
Gabriel

Nope, you got it!

Swap the binaries, kill the current Tracker and restart it (maybe use 'hey Tracker quit' from Terminal...).

P.S. I implemented real image icons once upon a time, it is late now, but I'll dig and see if I have the old code (VERY old) - more than willing to share! ;-)