[haiku-development] Re: I'm interested in developing a project for Haiku

  • From: Alexey Burshtein <aburst02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:33:28 +0200

Well, I'm going to prepare list of a few project proposals, and upload to the
Google Docs the rough design of each of them. The rough desing will be in
format specified by the GSoC project proposals. Then active members of Haiku
development community will review the designs, decide what are the priorities
and who will mentor these projects, and I'll go to Hananel, the Projects'
Coordinator, for formal approval.

I hope to finish the designs on Sunday, receive the responce from the community
in the beginning of next week, get the approval from Projects' Coordinator
towards the end of next week, and officially start working on the chosen
project about next weekend, give or take a couple of days.

> Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > PS: I think it has not be mentioned yet: IPv6 support would be a very
> > welcome
> > feature and a large enough task. Don't know, if anyone would mentor
> > it,
> > though.
>
> I might be interested in mentoring that, but due to time constraints, I
> wouldn't want to do it all by myself.
>
> Bye,
> Axel.

BTW, I don't have any knowledge on IPv6, and I'm not sure my partner has.
Therefore working on IPv6 will require much larger amount of prerequisite
learning and mentor's assistance, and I can't judge how big this project is.
Besides, it will not be an easy task to test IPv6, since I'm in doubt I can set
up IPv6 network anywhere in my range.

Thanks,
Alexey Burshtein.