[haiku-development] Re: Ideas related to the media_kit

  • From: Dario Casalinuovo <b.vitruvio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 15:39:35 +0100

By looking at that, the producer can see...

in 1) that the notices belong together and only one adjustment is necessary
in 2) that the second set of notices is outdated and can be ignored.

Which parameter you will take into account to skip next late notices? What
will allow you to decide which notice is the right one?

Let me add more, the question really is, since the first late notice you
will skip some. When you will begin to accept notices another time?

How's this different from the way it currently works?

The difference is that this decision is taken server side and there's
guaranty that any status change will be *always* taken into account before
to execute the next cycle.

Also in this regard. Let's suppose we have three nodes in the chain: A -> B
-> C. If both A and B are late, even in different measure, ideally we will
have generated two late notices. One from B to A, and another from C to B.
This is bad for me. Ideally, the media_server should examine the timestamps
reading the activation table log and as already said, produce the next
activation table taking into account this.