[haiku-development] Re: Idea: preserve files during building to partition

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 17:07:06 +0200 CEST

"Fredrik Holmqvist" <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2008/7/11 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > It works fine on BeOS, and it should be fairly easy to replace the
> > direct access with one via the bfs_shell.
> Do we have any documentation of bfs_shell for us mere mortals?
> Examples of copy from/to image in particular.

You can best run it as Stephan proposed, ie. by:
$ jam @vmware mount
(in case you have a profile called @vmware)

You can also start it more or less manually:
$ jam run ":<build>bfs_shell" path-to-my-image

Starting it without any options prints a help text.
When it's running, you have a prompt called "fssh:/>" - from there you
can explore the disk with a number of commands. The "help" command
prints such a list.
The "cp" command can be used to copy files in any direction; to specify
a host path, you have to prepend the path with ":", like in:
> cp -r :my-music myfs/home/

to copy the my-music folder recursively.
HTH.

Bye,
   Axel.