[haiku-development] Re: Idea: preserve files during building to partition

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:06:33 -0700

2008/7/13 Pieter Panman <pieter@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Thanks! Maybe it is best to remove the forum item then, to avoid comments in
> 2 places.

New article is here:
http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/copying_files_from_and_to_haiku_from_within_linux_using_bfs_shell

I have published the tutorial here and changed some of the "sudo ..."
statements adding a blurb about chmod'ing the partition instead.

Please review, make any alterations necessary (I think you should have
access to that since you are labeled as the author - not sure).

I locked the forum post so no comments can be added and added a link
at the top pointing to the new page. This will allow you to easily see
what I changed, and we can remove the forum post once you're
satisfied.

Thanks for putting this together!

- Urias