[haiku-development] Re: ICH8, ICH9 Southbridge

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:39:49 +0100

Marcus Overhagen wrote (2007-11-08, 08:41:27 [+0100]):
> Hi,
>
> just in case anyone has a system with ICH8 or ICH9 Southbridge, please
> contact me.
>
> I would like to test a AHCI related detail.
>
> (BAR-5 switching from io to memory space when changing SCC from 1 to 6)

I have a P35 based ASUS board. Would that be such a chipset? Meanwhile I
have successfully booted Haiku with your AHCI driver. Only the DMA is
turned off on the harddrive. idestatus says "by user request" or "user
config" or something to the like. Only I have nowhere turned it manually
off. When I try to shutdown, I get the eventual DMA timeout kernel panic
when the system tries to sync. This is then the same problem as when I try
to boot with the generic IDE driver.
To even boot with the AHCI driver, I had to remove said generic ide driver.

Best regards,
-Stephan