[haiku-development] Re: I want to involve

  • From: "Lukas Durfina" <lukas.durfina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 13:44:00 +0100

On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 13:19:43 +0100,  wrote:

"Lukas Durfina" <lukas.durfina@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   I want to involve in Haiku development,
so I tried to make patch, which clears code

There are several problems of that patch:
1) We only use tabs not spaces for indenting

sorry, I set my editor in wrong way

2) I think your somewhat aggressive use of static_cast makes things a
bit unreadable, as in:
-                               kDefaultShellCommand[1], NULL);
+                               kDefaultShellCommand[1], static_cast<char
*>(NULL));

  ok, if I want to remove warning, because function expects char*,
so it is better to use (char *) or do anything and ignore warning?

3) if you need to break a line into two, the second line is only
indented a single tab, so the following (as you did) is wrong:
-       return CurPos(p.x / fFontWidth, p.y / fFontHeight);
+       return CurPos(static_cast<int32>(p.x / fFontWidth),
+                    static_cast<int32>(p.y / fFontHeight));

(this is also a good example of not using static_cast IMO)

also, use (int32) or ingore it?

of Terminal and inspired by http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1806
I added tab space before "Welcome ..."

We actually agreed on having a spacing in the console instead (as
mentioned in the comments of bug #1806).
Also, please don't try to mix different things in a single patch. It's
always preferred to get separate patches for this.

 you're right, I will take it out.

Bye,
   Axel.

  Thanks,