[haiku-development] Re: I suggest a vote on 3 items

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 11:48:24 +0200

Am 01.09.2015 um 14:42 schrieb jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

As Haiku is a community project, I suggest a vote on 3 items:

We don't just hold a vote. We discuss first, and only when we (as in the members of the project with voting rights) cannot find a consensus, we'll start a vote.

item #1. I suggest User installed applications should not be installed
in system folder and should be installed in a subdirectory of /home-

item #2. I suggest implimenting The BeOS "Hold the shift key" instead of
the read-only file system.

item #3. I suggest a vote on a file system organization standard.

#1 is just a missing feature of HaikuDepot (pkgman can do this), the rest have already been discussed quite a bit, and AFAIK there is no need for a vote.

Bye,
Axel.