[haiku-development] Re: I suggest a vote on 3 items

  • From: jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 20:44:48 +0000

Adrien wrote:

There are other parts, like the way DeskBar is populated, that are not
in line with this. However, there was a lengthy discussion about it on
the ML and I don't think a better solution was found (a proposal using
queries was interesting, but didn't allow for customization at all).
On my side, the result is I don't use the deskbar menu all that much
anymore and have installed LnLauncher, where I can manage icons the
way I want.

Maybe it's as simple as storing the Deskbar links in
/boot/home/config/deskbar/menu/Applications
instead of
/boot/system/data/deskbar/menu/Applications
and have Deskbar point to it directly. If people want to customize it,
they click on Applications in deskbar.
Also, the right-click in Tracker seems a near complete menu solution
already. Maybe just use that feature/code in Deskbar... Clean. light,
simple.
Jimmy