[haiku-development] Re: How to donate some code?

  • From: pulkomandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:45:00 +0100

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 03:47:31PM -0600, Dane Scott - TuneTracker Systems
wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> TuneTracker Systems has developed a little preflet that allows Haiku users to
> set up FTP on their system by setting a username and password in a GUI.  If
> you would like it for the Haiku installation, or as an installoptionalpackage
> add-in item, just let us know.  I can supply the source, the binary,
> whatever's useful, we're just donating it.  No worries if you don't want/need
> it, just let me know how to provide it if it's of any value to "the cause."

Hi,
I think this is a rather nice idea, however I'm not sure if it should be
included in Haiku. An optional package would be nice. To do that we need
you to release the sourcecode somewhere (osdrawer, sourceforge, or just
a zip-file on your web server). Then we will be able to write a bep-file
and build an optional package for Haiku from it.

Thebep file is used with haikuporter to download and automatically
compile the source in a way that can be reproduced. Haikuporter also
knows how to generate an optional package from it automatically.

--
Adrien.