[haiku-development] Re: How safe is the BFS filesystem?

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:26:31 +0200

On 22.10.2011 12:41, Pascal Du Maurrier wrote:
1) how safe, in your experience, is the BFS for storing large amounts of files?
Any critical issues pertaining to potential data loss?

Despite that there are some bugs left that are known to cause corruption (which might not even be in BFS itself, but definitely somewhere in Haiku), it's actually pretty stable in daily use. As the main developer of BFS, I at least trust it with all data I have (several TB), and I haven't had any corruption outside of SVN yet.

It's not that I would recommend it at this point for trusting your life on it, but as long as you'll have a backup ready, there should be nothing to worry about.

Bye,
   Axel.