[haiku-development] Re: Hardware cursor support patch

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 10:33:42 -0800

I would have left out the VESA driver changes, but the rest looks pretty good. If no one beats me to it, I'll apply it tomorrow night. Thanks! I had looked into it some time ago, but somehow I didn't see that it was that simple :-) Bye, Axel.

The VESA driver changes are important, the cursor hooks need to either not be compiled in (best option) or need to not return B_OK. They originally returned B_OK.

That said, if you apply the patch, make sure the VESA accelerant has FAKE_HARDWARE_CURSOR disabled... otherwise everyone will lose their mouse cursors ;-)

--The loon