[haiku-development] Re: Hardware cursor TEST patch

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 18:34:08 -0800

That no longer crashes and generally seems to work better as far as
the cursor itself is concerned...however, now I'm observing a
different problem...whenever I pass a spot that causes a cursor shape
change, that area isn't properly repainted once the cursor moves away
again, leaving a dirty image of the cursor shape at that spot (i.e. if
the mouse passes over a splitter and the cursor correspondingly
changes to a resize indicator and back, the spot  where it shifted to
a resize indicator has a ghost of the latter remaining until repaint).

Regards,

Rene

Okay, that is probably just a clipping issue - that should resolve itself when I chase down the performance-robbing code (or when radeon uses bitmap cursors, most likely).

Glad we're finally on the right track  ;-)

--The loon