[haiku-development] Re: Hardware cursor TEST patch

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 17:56:11 -0800

> That no longer crashes and generally seems to work better as far as
> the cursor itself is concerned...however, now I'm observing a
> different problem...whenever I pass a spot that causes a cursor shape
> change, that area isn't properly repainted once the cursor moves away
> again, leaving a dirty image of the cursor shape at that spot (i.e. if
> the mouse passes over a splitter and the cursor correspondingly
> changes to a resize indicator and back, the spot  where it shifted to
> a resize indicator has a ghost of the latter remaining until repaint).

Sounds a bit like the sdl custom cursor issue that still plagues the Haiku
sdl port:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/ticket/401
but probably not as messy:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/attachment/ticket/401/screenshot1.png
Hey loon, maybe you can take a look at this one after you get the hardware
cursor figured out.
-scottmc