[haiku-development] Haiku-web website theme refresh project decision/discussion (was: Haiku Website Theme : Actions being taken.)

  • From: Alex von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 13:04:10 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
>Subject: [haiku-web] Re: Haiku Website Theme : Actions being taken.
>Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 10:06:38 -0500
>From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>On Fri, 14 May 2010 07:49:13 -0700, "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>>
>> All this will not be necessary. Please see:
>>
>> //www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/Banning-Jorge-G-Mare,30
>>

>Lets clarify this, legal action was threatened against an open source
project and it's non-profit organization.  We are no longer dealing in
petty threats and arguments. Even if these threats are retracted (and koki,
I (as well as the community I'm sure) appreciate your apology in this
matter. There was some harsh stuff said by others towards you that was
wrong as well.) it does not change that the organization would be using
material of questionable legal status.

Good afternoon!

After everything has cooled a bit, there has been some discussion of an
new haiku-os.org theme project in haiku-web. I would like to get a general
feel for what the community thinks on this topic.

There was emergency alternate theme work occurring (Theme HaikuLove)
earlier this month due to the legal issues surrounding the existing site
theme. The latest status of this emergency theme work can be seen here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/kallisti05/HaikuLove . The large pros of this
new site theme is clear and defined licensing of all work to Haiku Inc
under GPL.

Any comments, feedback, discussion etc are greatly appreciated on
haiku-web. Lets keep it calm though :)

Thanks!

  -- Alexander von Gluck