[haiku-development] Re: Haiku's configure, -j<n>, and emulated attributes

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 16:30:24 +0100

On 2010-01-06 at 23:24:55 [+0100], Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In r34199, the ability to compile the build-tools with more than one
> job was added with the -j<n> flag, just like jam's syntax [1].
>
> Does the lack of --use-xattr and `configure -j<n>` where n>=2,
> negatively affect compilation of the build tools in a way similar to
> jam [2]?

--use-xattr is only relevant for building the image itself, so that doesn't
have any influence on the configure stage.

> Can the nightly images and other official images be built with
> configure -j2 or more?

Unfortunately building gcc 2 has problems with multiple jobs. I'll check
whether this only affects gcc or also the binutils and will change the
option to be ignored where necessary. I have built the gcc 4 cross-tools
successfully with -j8 more than once. So I would say that is safe to be used
for the official builds.

CU, Ingo