[haiku-development] Re: [Haiku-commits] r28997 - in haiku/trunk/src/system/libroot/posix: glibc/stdlib glibc/wcsmbs locale

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 09:49:05 +0100

2009/1/23 François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>:
>> > Sorry for that. Should be fixed now.
>> You don't have to be sorry. We should reward you to undertake the
>> hard
>> and unglamourous task of fixing those wide chars functions.
>
> Right, though I'm not sure mixing BSD code with glibc is a good idea,

Yeah, unfortunately, I don't think this is the way to go, either.
Too bad, would have been simpler.

> don't we have enough in glibc ?

Our glibc is composed by files from different versions of glibc.
Moreover, libio has been hacked a lot to keep binary compatibility
with the version used in beos. So the task is  not exactly
straightforward :)