[haiku-development] Re: [Haiku-commits] r21394 - in haiku/trunk: headers/os/interface src/kits/interface

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 12:45:23 +0200 CEST

"Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> > So I say we keep this, and just improve the menu drawing a bit to
> > have
> > more space between the display of the shortcut and the submenu
> > arrow.
>
> Yes please :-)

Even more space?

One could argue that there are still 4 (5?) symbols(?) on the combined
menu item, and that this is too much.

There are other ways to present the recent documents which are better.
Well, IMO. Even with pure keyboarding, Alt-O, (Recent Tab open (by
preference or last use), then moving around with the arrow keys, typing
the first characters of the filename, etc.

If this has to wait for R2 I think an  "Open Recent >" submenu would
suffice in the meantime, and it would not create detrimental mouse
habits or combo GUI offspring as the combo might, if Haiku uses/
promotes it.

/Jonas.