[haiku-development] Re: [HaikuPorts-devs] sed

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:08:41 +0100

On 2010-03-11 at 06:04:04 [+0100], Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 17:36, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 2010-03-09 at 19:58:03 [+0100], Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> This patch is functional, but I'm not sure which is the better location
> >> for:
> >> {{{
> >>   include [ FDirName $(HAIKU_BUILD_RULES_DIR)
> >>   OptionalPackageDependencies ]
> >>   ;
> >> }}}
> >>
> >> HaikuImage or OptionalPackages itself.
> >
> > It's currently included by the root Jamfile. Any reason for changing it?
>
> For some reason, without that line in HaikuImage (or
> OptionalPackages), the dependencies aren't calculated. In turn, Sed
> isn't added to the image.

Yes, that's because all AddOptionalHaikuImagePackages have to be invoked
before the inclusion of OptionalPackageDependencies or their dependencies are
not added. OptionalPackageDependencies has to be included before
OptionalBuildFeatures which in turn has to be included before including the
Jamfile tree. HaikuImage is executed too late (after the Jamfile tree has
been processed), so adding packages there does only work for those that don't
have dependencies and should therefore rather be avoided. The
MandatoryPackages package could be added right before including
OptionalPackageDependencies in the root Jamfile.

CU, Ingo