[haiku-development] Re: HaikuPorter Buildmaster is busted (again)

  • From: kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 08:51:57 -0500

On 2017-10-15 05:53, waddlesplash wrote:

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Michael Lotz <mmlr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
For one, the buildmaster package downloads currently take place directly
into the packages directory. This causes periods of times when incomplete
packages are present that can't be parsed. The second issue then is that
HaikuPorter aborts the dependency resolution when it encounters such
packages.

Yes, I encountered this yesterday, and deleted the packages that were
incomplete, which got me further at least.

You can't start manual builds while the buildmaster instance is running in
update mode, as you'd eventually get multiple instances running at the same
time. If you must run things manually (which usually shouldn't be needed),
you should stop the buildmaster@x86_[gcc2|64] instance via systemctl.

Ah, OK.

If the GCC2 builder was really KDLed, then why did builderctl show it
as being online then? Are there multiple builderctls and I used the
wrong one somehow?

builderctl performs an ssh out to the node in question to determine it's
availability. It also runs uname to collect the hrev info. I'm pretty
sure these things don't work when it is in a kdl state.

Oh come on. The HaikuPorter bugs, of which one is part of the buildmaster
code, are an issue here, yes. But all the other issues are Haiku stability,
network or external factors that no solution would be impervious to.

I couldn't even tell if the GCC2 builder was actually online, though.
Builderctl seemed to indicate it was, then haikuporter couldn't
connect to it.

Part of the maui transition includes running haiku builder VM's. I think
exposing the screen of the VM over http is going to be a neat feature since
it lets everyone look in on them and see what's up.