[haiku-development] Re: Haiku memory mapping

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 11:34:48 +0100

Le 18 nov. 2010 à 11:06, Shade a écrit :
>>> And yet another question, please. Does Haiku have functions similar to
>>> Linux functions
>>> modify_ldt / set_thread_area / arch_prctl, which sets base for FS/GS
>>> registers?
>> No.
>> We do have TLS support though.
>> What are you trying to do ? Porting some VM stuff ?
>> Tell us what you need it for, we'll tell you why you don't need it :p
>> François.
>
> Porting WINE =)

Ah, was betting 1/2 for virtualbox 1/2 for wine :)
Did you check the antique BeOS port ?
There was also a native windows emulator started at some japanese site,
sourceforge.jp IIRC.
I'm sure I have a dump of the source somewhere.

> Wine use this funcs on init new threads to set FS/GS base to addr of TEB
> struct (thread environment block)

IIRC one of the two is used to point to TLS stuff in Haiku at least.
You'll have to submit a patch to implement this.

François.