[haiku-development] Re: Haiku going a peaceful "blip" on startup

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:06:15 +0200

On 17.09.2014 13:30, Andrew Hudson (hudsonco1@xxxxxxx) wrote:
I see a flaw in the decision process for choosing media extras for Haiku.
[...]

There is no decision process at all, so how can there be a flaw in it? ;-)

I agree that everyone has an opinion when it comes to elements of the interface, but since this is the development list, he'll get feedback from developers.

In any case, our logo contains three leaves, so I would assume that something that goes along with that theme would generally be more appreciated. A sound is part of an identity, too, so it should fit well into the existing "CI". For example, I think the Ubuntu startup sound is very well done, and fits in perfectly with their CI.

There hasn't been any discussions yet on how a prospective sound set could be chosen for Haiku. I guess we'll held a vote when the time comes.

Bye,
   Axel.