[haiku-development] Re: Haiku gcc header search path

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:04:23 -0400

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 8:34 AM, PulkoMandy<pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to add the locale kit headers to gcc default search path
> in haiku, so i can #include <Locale.h> and not <locale/Locale.h>. This
> works for other kits, but I have no idea where this include search
> path is set. I'm not talking about doing that in haiku build tree, but
> for gcc inside haiku when compiling a test application. What file do I
> have to edit to change that ? Should it be done somewhere in haiku
> svn, or is it defined in the gcc optional package ?

I believe you are looking for

buildtools/trunk/legacy/gcc/gcc/config/i386/haiku.h

for GCC2, and

buildtools/trunk/gcc/gcc/config/haiku.h

for GCC4.

You'll see a section where INCLUDE_DEFAULTS is defined for both a
native and cross build.

That said, I do recall an issue with iconv.h due to the fact that two
different forms are included in 3rdparty and in posix dirs.  I think
only the one in 3rdparty is included by nature of the file inclusion.
That said, I don't have a Haiku running at the moment, so I can't know
for sure what happens here at the moment.

Eventually GCC2 should have things reworked such that that the defines
that are universal to all targets (arm/i386/m68k/mips/rs6000) are put
in gcc/config/haiku.h like GCC4 has.

In any case, feel free to look around at the files I mentioned and pop
any questions.   Obviously this would mean a GCC optional packages
recompile, which would be necessary anyways once all of the wchar
stuff is addressed.

- joe