[haiku-development] Re: Haiku don't run on my real hardware

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 10:23:39 +0100

On 02/05/12 10:15, theUser BL wrote:

Just for testing: try to disable the on-board-sound-chip in your BIOS, if
possible (some BIOS versions have this feature, but sadly not all).
Then we know whether the sound device causes the problems.

I find nothing, which was called "sound", but it is possible that it is there
under an different name.
So I have had now disabled nearly everything:
First the second DVD-drive and booting from the first one, then disable the
first one and boot from the second.
Disable Harddrives, LAN, USB (so I changed my USB-Mouse to PS/2 Mouse) and all
other things, which are not needed to boot an OS from CD.
But Haiku still breaks on the same point. And again it is the
media_addon_server.

When it "breaks", can you type anything at the keyboard? You can try typing "continue" if that is the case. It would also be good to see the exact error - take a photo of the screen if you can.

Please move this thread to the bug tracker - file a bug at http://dev.haiku-os.org

Simon