[haiku-development] Re: Haiku commits

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:20:06 +0200

Hi David,

On 2008-08-11 at 10:14:00 [+0200], David McPaul <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is my account missing some permissions to post to the haiku commits list?
>
> My last 4 commits succeeded but the e-mail failed.  See below.

I think the list is just down. BTW, I saw your commits on the Trac timeline
and it's great you are working on this exact stuff! About your fixes to
handle invalid streams better, I was thinking this is really a bug in the
class that uses the streams. When AllocateCookie() failes, it should not
call functions with an invalid cookie. I think the StreamInfo() function
should be able to rely on a valid cookie instead. I hope you can make sense
of what I just wrote, because I am not looking at the code and forgot the
right function names perhaps... :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan