[haiku-development] Haiku command line apps

  • From: "scott mc" <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 06:22:46 -0700

In going through the various parts of the system to check out ticket
#1222, I have come across many different command line utilities.  It's
easy to spot the ones from GNU, since the command line options
--version or --help give useful information about the app.  Not so for
a lot of the other ones, this includes the Haiku specific ones.
Programs such as alert, beep, copyattr, makebootable and others.  I
figured I would float the idea on this list to see if perhaps we
should add support for the --version and/or --help / -h options on the
Haiku specific command line apps.  I see that copyattr has the -h /
--help, but no --version.  In some cases such as beep adding this
option might double the size of the code ;)
-scottmc