[haiku-development] Haiku boot sequence and debugging

  • From: Lengyel Sándor <slengyel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 10:03:14 +0100

I have an amd64 computer with sata drives and usb mouse.
Installed on sda the newest snapshot.
If I boot I get the screen, mouse pointer but no tracker.
If I go to safe mode with logging, after a while I get into the haiku shell.
Since there are no logs in /var/log I assume that the problem happens before
the logging is enabled.
Lot of commands work in the shell, (Like ls, cd) but for more complicated
commands I get "Cannot initialize global fonts.)
Since I do not have another computer to  record the boot messages, is there a
way to use the haiku shell to find out what is wrong.
(I disabled USB in the bios. The problem still exists)