[haiku-development] Haiku at OSCON 2008

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:09:05 -0700

Howdy,

At the LugRadio Live this past weekend in San Francisco, I had the
opportunity to chat with the people from O'Reilly (they had their booth
very close to ours). During my conversation, I was made aware of OSCON
2008, an open source conference organized by O'Reilly and sponsored by
big names like Google, Intel, Sun, etc., that is going to be held on
July 21 - 25 in Portland, Oregon.

I followed up with O'Reilly after the show, and was told that we can
still apply for a Haiku booth in the .Org area. I think this would be a
very interesting venue to get the word out, try to recruit new devs, and
to network with individuals from other projects and organizations
involved in open source.

So now the question is: are there any Haiku developers/fans/enthusiasts
in or around the Portland, Oregon area that would be willing to join me
in organizing a Haiku presence at this event?

You don't need to be a developer to be able to help at this sort of
events. As a matter of fact, this is a great opportunity for
non-developers to contribute to the Haiku cause. Of course, developers
are also welcome to join; as a matter of fact, if any dev is
interested, we can also apply for a BoF spot.

So, if you would like to help make this happen, please let me know via
reply to the openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list (sorry for the
cross-posting) before the end of this week. If we can get a group of at
least 2-3 people to man the booth throughout the event, then I will
submit the application and we will move from there.

Cheers,

Koki