[haiku-development] Re: Haiku alpha 1 release (draft)

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 13:04:54 -0800

Hi Axel,

Axel Dörfler wrote:
"Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Niels Reedijk wrote:
Exactly how does that remark relate to this message? N.
It relates specifically to the part of your message where you make proposals about Haiku marketing on a development list.

We need to work together closely on this one, and this is the right list to do so.

This is definitely the right place for all the development aspects of his proposal, but I highly doubt it is the place to discuss the marketing aspects to the degree of details and specifics that Niels went into in his proposal (see below).

Of course we don't need to talk about the specifics,

Well, Niels was quite specific, and was even hinting at organizational changes that would have had an effect on how marketing is done. His specific ideas in the area of marketing included subjecting it to the oversight of a release coordinator, the notion of communication agents (?) and specific steps of what marketing should do in each phase.

only about when and what, but there is no need to be rude without reasoning.

My reply was direct, yes, but I don't think it was rude. It may just be a matter of perception. :)

Ceers,

Koki